Jet away to a tropical climate teaching in Thailand long term or a contract for 2 years. Teaching jobs in Thailand public & international schools are at all levels from nursery, elementary and high schools. There are jobs for teachers in schools all year round starting in August or April. You can also experience the country teaching English in Thailand at a language school or one of the government 2nd tier schools
Teaching jobs in Thailand
Teaching in Thailand schools
Qualified school teachers from Australia, South Africa, United States, UK and other countries can apply for Thailand international schools jobs or the state government sector education. You would be teaching your own specialist subject at kindergarten/nursery, primary or secondary/high school to children from 3 to 18 years old. Also, teachers of English jobs available in public schools.
Trained school teachers from the Philippines are also currently teaching at public & private schools. Search for Thailand teaching jobs for Filipinos at online job boards such as ajarn.com and teachingthailand.com. You’ll see classroom teacher jobs for Filipinos that are experienced and qualified teachers.
Choosing to teach as full time teacher, your classroom teaching hours and preparation are very similar to your own country. Yes, in excess of 40 hours a week.
Thailand teacher salary benefits
- Salary per month for school teachers: 40,000-90,000 Baht, depending on experience, qualifications, location, school type and native English speaker or not
- Accommodation: Some schools provide single/shared apartments. Others assistance to find a suitable living area
- Holiday’s: As per employment law Thailand and school breaks in summer, festive times
- Air flight ticket: Ticket in advance, one-way or your own ticket depending on the employer
- Health insurance: Provided by the employer
- Contract length: 12 months plus, although 2 years is normal for state and international schools
Requirements for a teacher in Thailand
- BA/BSC and above bachelor degree in the subject
- Qualified teacher status from your own country
- Native or near native English speaker for English subject teachers
- 2 + years experience, although some British schools employ newly qualified teachers (Check NQT requirements)
- Clean criminal record background. UK residents must be from Acro here for residency
- Preference for western trained teachers from Canada, US, South Africa, Ireland, Australia, UK, Philippines, although not always
- Degree transcripts for some state and international schools
- In good health
School subjects positions
International schools employ foreign teachers to teach specialist subjects to school age children and English.
Teachers find employment to teach 3 to 5 year old children at international schools in Thailand for grade 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
You can also teach at a public school in Thailand all subjects including maths, chemistry, PE, English, physics, biology, music and art.
Teach English in Thailand is popular with foreign teachers. Jobs are advertised by schools throughout the year.
Living in Thailand
Once you have settled into your apartment and your school has helped to process your work & residency permit you can relax a bit. Enjoy a different culture, go out to meet local people and take part in local events.
By all means visit the big city of Bangkok, beaches of Phi or the party and tourist resort of Phuket.
What I can see is Thailand has so much to offer in the countryside with rare flora and fauna, hill walking trails and rivers boat excursions. Checkout the official Thailand tourist website tourismthailand.
Population: 64, 500, 000 approximately Area size: 513, 115 Sq Km approximately Electricity: 220 AC Volts, 50 Hz Capital: Bangkok
Language: Thai Time: GMT + 7 Currency: Baht (THB) Country code: + 66 Climate: Three seasons from dry hot and humid to cool winters
Emergencies: Police, Fire, Ambulance 191, Tourism Police 1155, Police 191, Fire Brigades 199, Ambulance 1554, Crime Suppression 195, Highway Police 1193, Directory enquires 1133, Tourist Service Centre 1672, Weather Information Service Centre 0-2399-4012
21st February Magha Bucha Day, 6th April Chakri Day, 13th 15th April Songkran, 1st May Labour Day, 5th May Coronation Day, 19th MayVisakha Bucha, 1st July Mid Year Bank Holiday, 16th August Khao Phansa Day, 12 August HM The Queen’s Birthday, 23 October Chulalongkorn Day, 5th December HM The King’s Birthday, 10th December Constitution Day.
Cities in Thailand
Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Nakhon Ratchasima, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai, Udon Thani, Pak Kret. Khon
Kaen, Chaophraya Surasak, Ubon Ratchathani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nakhon Sawan, Nakhon Pathom,
Phitsanulok, Pattaya, Songkhla, Surat Thani, Rangsit, Yala, Phuket,
Samut Prakan, Lampang, Laem Chabang, Chiang Rai, Trang, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya,
Ko Samui, Samut Sakhon, Rayong, Mae Sot, Om Noi, Sakon Nakhon
Teaching jobs in Thailand can be obtained to start in August, January, March, April following a face to face or Skype interview.