Year 4 Class Teacher Job, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, September 2021
Job role Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Working pattern Full-time only
Salary Main / Upper Pay Range
In April 2019, Ofsted stated that Pupils at Oakway “behave well at all times of the school day and that they have good manners”.
They also stated that “Leaders have a clear vision for improvement; Middle leaders are enthusiastic and are being supported well to develop their expertise”. We are looking for an excellent classroom practitioner to join our team and assist the extended Leadership Team to really make a difference to the outcomes for children in our Academy.
What can you expect when joining Oakway Academy, a member of Hatton Academies Trust?
- Children who are full of PRIDE for our Academy.
- Excellent professional development and guidance with potential for planned future career progression across all of our primary academies (eg an induction programme & mentor for all new staff, NPQML and NPQSL)
- Team PPA – no teacher is left to plan alone
- A team of dedicated support staff to enhance Teaching and Learning and undertake tasks which do not require the professional skills & expertise of a teacher
- Excellent employee benefits and well-being initiatives (eg “Big Brand” discounts, discounted gym membership, priority school admission criteria for Trust employees’ children into our outstanding secondary school)*
- A clear leadership vision, built on trust that empowers all members of the team to develop and progress.
- A supportive and collegiate staff team, working together to improve outcomes for all children.
Do you have ….
- the ability to deliver high quality teaching and achieve strong outcomes?
- a passion for learning, with a good understanding of current educational issues?
- the ability to create a safe and rich learning environment for our children?
- imagination, drive, determination, a growth mind-set and enthusiasm?
Reducing Workload and improving staff well-being are priorities for the Board of Directors at Hatton Academies Trust. We fully support workload reform and the development of teachers; enabling them to concentrate on teaching and learning and we believe every teacher is entitled to the best possible CPD.
Expected start date
As soon as possible
1 September 2021 at 9:00am
Applying for the job
You can find out more about this role and apply on line from our website:
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
School type Academy, ages 4 to 11
School size 557 pupils enrolled
About Oakway Academy
Oakway Academy is part of Hatton Academies Trust, a network consisting of three primary academies, one secondary academy and a small central team. All of our academies are based locally in and around Wellingborough.
As an academy trust we aim for excellence in all that we do and work towards transforming the life chances of our students
Oakway Academy caters for students between 4 and 11. It currently has 580 pupils on roll organised in 22 classes across seven year groups. Diamond Pre School occupies a setting on the site and provides Nursery education for families and the wider community.
PRIDE values underpin our ethos and practices and visitors will see, hear and experience Passion, Responsibility, Independence, Determination and Enjoyment. Students, families and staff are passionate about our academy and work together to ensure continued rapid progress and successes.
Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.