University in Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
University Mathematics Lecturer Vacancy, Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, 2019
This position includes responsibilities for teaching and research. The responsibilities outlined below are not intended to be an exhaustive list but an indication of the main responsibilities of the position.
- Undertake teaching and teaching related duties such as design, preparation and development of teaching materials; conduct classes/lectures, tutorials and practicals; consultation with students, invigilation, marking and assessment
- Supervise research project work and scholarship of postgraduate students
- Participate and contribute in high quality programme and curriculum development
- Establish and maintain high standards of teaching and effective learning to meet the University’s teaching and learning expectations
- Participate in scholarly activities, including undertaking research, conference presentation, dissemination of research results, journal publications and relevant community work
- Seek and secure grants to support research activities and scholarship
- Achieve the specified set of research outcome targets for Lecturer level of appointment
- Undertake and contribute a high level of administrative responsibilities such as taking on departmental roles or management functions including attending meetings, participate in committees and working groups within the Department, School, Faculty and the University
- Engage in continuous professional development, including participation and facilitation in relevant professional activities
- Build a wide network, nationally and internationally, and establish linkages with external organisations/ professional bodies in academic related matters
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time as directed by the Head of School, Head of Department or Programme Director.
Possess a doctoral degree or equivalent from a recognised university in Mathematics.
- Experience working in higher education environment with a track record of teaching experience and professional knowledge of curriculum development
- Experience in developing teaching methodologies and materials, including the effective use of IT technologies in the facilitation of teaching and learning
- A record of substantial research activity and publications
- Demonstrated links to relevant external organisations and/or the profession
- Demonstrated ability in obtaining industry or government linked research grants
Apply and website https://taylors.csod.com/ats/careersite