Salvation Army in Malaysia
Senior Kindergarten Teacher Job, P/T Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2019
About The Job
The Senior Teacher mentors teachers to enhance their teaching practice including the nurturing of trusting and respectful relationships with children.
She utilises in-depth subject knowledge and pedagogical expertise to design and implement a developmentally and culturally appropriate curricula for children and contributes to innovations in teaching and learning practices.
As an experienced early childhood educator, the Senior Teacher oversees the design and set-up of secure and quality learning environments for children. She develops structures for sustained collaborative partnerships with families and communities and supports the Lead Teacher in fostering a culture of continuous learning, collaboration and collegiality within the centre.
- Assist the Supervisor in the overall running of the centre
- Guide teachers in the implementation of the programmes for the various age groups, including lesson plans, activities/field trips, interest corners, etc. and serve as their resource person
- Assist in the orientation/training of new staff
- Take a class of her own: planning, teaching and providing routine care to the group of children assigned under her care
- Ensure that all disciplinary measures taken in the care management of the children must be consistent with The Salvation Army policies so established
- Report immediately to the supervisor any emergencies/accidents within the centre and any visits by any government officials
- Feedback to supervisor any suggestions/complaints received from parents/staff for necessary actions
- Assist Supervisor in yearly appraisals for the teaching staff and recommend appropriate training for any performance deficiency where necessary
- Encourage teamwork by personal example, facilitating co-operation and effective communication amongst all staff
- Provide oversight and be responsible for the Centre in the absence of the Supervisor
Please be informed that the total work hours is 25 hours per week.
Under normal circumstances the hours of duty will be as follows:
8.00 AM to 1.00 PM – Monday to Friday
1, Lingkungan HujanTaman Overseas Union, 58200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Diploma in Early Childhood Education
5 years of experience as a Kindergarten Teacher
- Developing the Child Holistically
- Collaborating with Families and the Community
- Building Professional Capacity
- Building Organisational Capacity
By submitting your resume, you confirm and agree that The Salvation Army may collect, use and disclose your data for their recruitment purposes. This may include selecting, evaluating and recruiting candidates for roles or positions that differ from the above job description, but for which we believe that you may be interested in or appropriate for.
We look forward to receiving your application and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Job Type: Part-time
Experience: Kindergarten Teacher: 5 years (Preferred)
Education: Diploma/Advanced Diploma (Preferred)
Location: Kuala Lumpur (Preferred)
Language: English (Required)
To apply for this job email your details to hr_tsa@SMM.salvationarmy.org