School in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Secondary School Principal Vacancy, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, September 2020
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our vibrant and thriving Academy for an outstanding Secondary School Principal who is inspirational, dynamic, innovative and ready for the challenge of joining an exceptional senior leadership team in an Academy that is hugely ambitious for all its students.
We are making a genuine difference to the young people in our community. Your passion for teaching and learning should be the driving factor behind your portfolio of excellent results.
We are searching for an applicant who is well qualified, driven, ambitious for Headship within the next three to four years, and has the ability to champion a culture of high expectations across the Academy with a strong, exciting and creative vision.
The GEMS approach to learning is one which focuses not only on academic excellence but also on providing a values-based international education for every child.
A GEMS education helps students develop character, creativity, personal leadership and encourages the spirit of enterprise necessary to achieve their full potential as global citizens and leaders of the future.
Our values-driven international education is expressed through core values which are woven into every academic activity at GEMS schools. We live and breathe four values that form the basis of everything we do. These are:
- One Team
- Always Learning
We are seeking:
- Strategic focus and vision, and an absolute focus on raising educational standards
- A consistent drive to improve the quality of teaching and learning
- A leader who is instrumental in setting high expectations for self and others, and has the ability to create, develop and lead high performing teams
- An exceptional track record of raising standards and attainment, and your personal qualities will align with our ethos and values
- A measured risk taker
- An infectious passion for implementing high standards of behaviour, learning and success
- An ambitious, inspirational and enthusiastic leader who has the ability to motivate others, working with and through the Heads of Section and Department areas
- Ability to recruit, retain and develop high quality teaching staff; building capacity and developing leadership at all levels, championing an open and collegial organisational culture in which staff are empowered to take initiative and ownership
- A champion for high expectations in teaching quality, developing a reputation for GWA as a ‘destination school’ for the very best teachers and leaders worldwide
- An inspirational leader who develops strong relationships with parents/carers, the local government; including Ministry of Education (MOE) and the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), embassies and the wider international communities to the benefit of the School
- A candidate with significant teaching experience with a minimum of three years in a senior leadership position in a large and complex school environment
- A Masters Degree in Education Leadership or similar would be desirable, but the ideal candidate should definitely have evidence of a wider commitment to their own development
- International experience would be preferable but not essential
What we offer:
- A key leadership role in a unique and high performing international IB Academy
- An innovative educational concept
- An excellent programme of continuing professional development
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally
- The chance to shape the future of the Academy
- The opportunity to work with a talented group of teachers and leaders
- The opportunity to work with an ambitious group of students
- An excellent staff wellbeing programme
- Ambitious Academy working with autonomy, supported by a committed and dedicated CEO/Principal, and GEMS Corporate Office Support
About the benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax free salary, accommodation, schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.