Science Teacher School Vacancy, Kuwait City, 2020/1
1. Teaching up to 30 children with a variety of strengths and weaknesses in a self contained classroom.
2. Assessing how each child learns best and then adapting teaching methods to fit a variety of learning styles
3. Identifying pupil needs, and working closely with the specialists to ensure that a co-operative approach is taken to meeting the students’ needs.
4. Planning and developing creative teaching and learning activities using the Ontario curriculum and the supporting texts.
5. Making available a wide range of teaching materials and equipment, including reading materials at many levels, instructional games, resource materials, and the like.
6. Preparing weekly lesson plans in a timely manner, submitting unit plans before each quarter and long term plans in September to the Principal.
7. Submitting plans for field trips within the required time lines – for Ministry approval.
8. Administer tests as per the academic program.
9. Maintain student records: A detailed pupil working file is kept on each student. The file includes copies of interim, progress and end of term pupil reports, medical reports and educational assessments. Information of student attendance, behavior and results of assessments are to be posted on Quick School, the school ERP system and School Information System (RenWeb)
velop and upload teaching resources on Moodle (a virtual learning environment), which is a useful teaching/ learning tool.
11. Communicating with parents and school on pupil progress regularly.
12. Submitting pupil’s working files to the Principal at the end of each academic year.
13. Maintaining professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school as well as monthly school meetings, committee meetings and team meetings and in self-selected professional growth activities.
14. Participating in one mandatory after school extracurricular activity which develops the after school program and helps to develop schools teams that participate competitively at various levels representing the school. Teachers are also expected to participate in after school parental workshops and after school club activities as well as weekly school assemblies and all school events.
15. Maintaining high standard of classroom and corridor displays which reflects the work of the students.
16. Support other members of teaching team during short leaves of absence.
1. Abiding by the weekly plans
2. Implementing a high standard of classroom discipline, pupil manners and behavior both inside and outside the classroom.
3. Meeting the curriculum and developmental goals outlined for the year.
Teaching, Classroom Management, Assessment, Planning& Organising skills
Canadian Bilingual School – Kuwait City