School in United Arab Emirates
School Librarian Vacancy in United Arab Emirates
SABIS® is a global education network that has an active presence in 20 countries on five continents. Schools in the SABIS® Network educate over 70,000 students and implement a proven, proprietary system.
SABIS® Network schools provide students with a top-quality education that prepares them to meet the challenges of a changing world.
SABIS® and SABIS® Network schools employ over 8,000 employees worldwide.
For more information about the SABIS® Network, visit: www.sabis.net.
Ensuring that the school library is maintained properly and is a welcoming place for student to learn.
- Helping students find the information they need.
- Analyzing students’ needs to determine what information is appropriate.
- Showing students how to access information.
- Helping students navigate the Internet.
- Coordinating programs such as Accelerated Reader (AR).
- Gathering and helping in providing materials for classroom instruction.
- Lending and collecting books, periodicals, video tapes, and other materials.
- Inspecting returned materials for damage, checking due dates, and computing fines for overdue material.
- Reading book reviews, publishers’ announcements, and catalogs to keep up with current literature, and other available resources.
- Developing and indexing databases and help train users to develop research skills for the information they need.
- Sorting returned books, periodicals, and other items and returning them to their designated shelves, files, or storage areas.
- Negotiating contracts for the acquisition of materials and equipment.
- Supervising students.
- Compiling lists of books, periodicals, articles, and audiovisual materials on particular subjects.
- Analyzing collections and recommend material.
- Maintaining records of the students who must study in the library and coordinating with the supervisor for tardiness and absences.
- Submitting a daily report on the library activities.
- Bachelor Degree is required
- Well‐read & informed about books
- English proficiency and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Conscientiousness, with a strong sense of responsibility
Must meet all employment requirements including, but not limited to, country and local education and certification requirements, reference checks, and criminal background checks.
Additional details about this position will only be provided to short-listed candidates.
SABIS® is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non – discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, disability or any other legally protected characteristics.