International School in Kuwait City
School Librarian Job Vacancy, Kuwait City
Supervises the libraries and ensures that they meet academic expectations.
- Provide guidance and assistance to students and staff in finding and appropriately using all print and non-print materials such as books. Encyclopedias. Dictionaries. Reference materials. As well as the fiction and non-fiction collections
- Work collaboratively with teachers in the teaching of library-related skills
- Assist students and teachers during library lessons or research classes as necessary
- Supervise student behavior to maintain a quiet atmosphere conducive to study and learning in the library
- Provide orientation opportunities for staff and students at the beginning of each academic year, proper use of library facilities, materials available…etc. should be discussed
- Develop guidelines for proper use of the library facilities and its resources by teachers, administrators, staff and students
- Develop and implement plans for the efficient acquisition, utilization, and circulation of all library materials and equipment
- Recommend purchases of new library equipment and supplies
- Requisition new books, periodicals, audio/visual (AV) materials…etc
- Receive and catalog new books, AV materials…etc
- Analyze the library collection to ascertain purchase needs and to identify items in need of de-selection
- Recommend AV equipment for procurement
- Oversee the maintenance and use of all AV equipment
- Prepare financial projections and prepare/implement the library annual budget
- Manage Northwest’s censorship guidelines as mandated by the Kuwait Ministry of Education
- Form and Lead the Censorship Committee: meet with Ministry representatives and follow their directives
- Maintain an effective security system to minimize the loss of materials and equipment
- Provide training for new Library Assistants
- Supervise library staff and provide regular job performance feedback
- Prepare statistical records and reports needed to manage the library program
- Report and follow through with maintenance issues to appropriate staff member (maintenance supervisor, vice principal….etc
- Sign release forms (student withdrawal, staff yearend forms…etc.) as necessary
- Show initiative in preparing and implementing library programs that promote the love of reading
- Attend staff meetings on a regular basis to promote library materials and programs
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Principal or Superintendent
About Company:Northwest Bilingual School is a private, college-preparatory school that instills a passion for learning, builds character and inspires civic and social responsibility.
Incorporating a rigorous, U.S. curriculum and advanced technology, Northwest Bilingual School empowers students to become contributing leaders of tomorrow.
Northwest will maintain its lead in being the highest quality, comprehensive school in the region priding itself in incorporating within its curriculum an understanding of and respect for Arabic language and Islamic values within our global society.