International School in Kuwait
Primary School Year 6 Teacher Job, Kuwait, August 2020
Established in 2005, Gulf British Academy is an independent, co-educational, fully accredited school that will be opening brand new premises in August 2020. We will be catering for pupils from Pre-KG to Year 7 and plan to add another Year level each year.
We are currently seeking qualified, proactive Year 6 primary teachers to join our passionate team. We pride ourselves on welcoming new ideas and value the opinions of all staff on our journey of constant improvement.
This post would suit NQTs or more experienced teachers.
In return for your service, we offer an excellent package for overseas, qualified employees that includes:
- A generous tax-free salary
- Annual flight allowance to and from your home country
- Furnished air-conditioned accommodation or housing allowance
- End-of-service indemnity
- Discounted tuition fees for employees bringing their children
What you offer:
You will be an organised, creative teacher able to engage, inspire and extend our pupils through planning, preparation and delivery of excellent lessons. A teacher who can reflect upon their own practice with the aim of instilling confidence and independence into our pupils to encourage them to become enquiry based learners.
- Qualified Teacher Status: A degree-level qualification in teaching (e.g. PGCE or Bachelor’s in Education)
- Confident in ability to teach Year 6 pupils
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Recent UK teaching experience or international experience within a British curriculum-based school
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or police check
- Effective communication skills to build good relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues
- Year 6 teaching experience
- Knowledge of teaching programmes and strategies such as those from Collins and by Alan Peat and Pie Corbett
- Familiarity with initiatives such as Philosophy for Children and Growth Mindset
- Competent IT skills and experience in using GSuite for Education (Google Classroom, Gmail, google apps, shared drives, etc)
Email your application directly.
Your email must include your:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter or letter of application
- Recent photograph
- Two referees (name, phone number, professional relationship to you)
Applications are considered upon receipt and should arrive no later than Thursday 16 April 2020.
Early applications are positively encouraged as we interview during the recruitment process.
Interviews will be conducted by video-conference (Skype) or telephone.
If you do not hear back from us after 5 working days, please presume that you have not been successful.
Please take the time to read the job description and any additional documents at the bottom of this page. Visit our website and Tes Career Site to gain a greater insight into our school.
Gulf British Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org