Primary KS1 or KS2 Class Teacher Job, Runcorn, Cheshire, September 2021
Job role Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Working pattern Full-time only
Contract type Permanent
Salary Main Pay Scale (M1 to M6)
The Headteacher and Governors wish to appoint an outstanding class teacher to teach at our school from the start of the new academic year (September 2021).
At present it is not known which year group this vacancy will be in – so we are inviting all candidates to state clearly where they feel they would be best placed – to make best use of their skills and experience.
It is essential that you include this in your application.
We are looking for someone who has:
– excellent classroom organisation and behaviour management skills;
– high expectations of all pupils and is committed to creating a stimulating classroom environment;
– the ability to enthuse children to learn and understands what is required to secure outstanding progress;
– a passion for education and is able to demonstrate consistently good and outstanding classroom practise;
– excellent communication skills at all levels (and is able to deploy support staff effectively);
– the ability to inspire, motivate and work effectively in a team;
– great creativity and knows how to support children to become independent, persevere with challenges and present their work to a high standard;
– a strong understanding of how to support children to become confident readers (with a secure grasp of spelling, grammar and punctuation) and how to teach mathematics in a mastery context; and
– the ability to support children, of all abilities, through inclusive practice;
– a strong understanding of the responsibilities of subject leadership (with a view to leading Art & Design, Modern Foreign Languages, Music or Religious Education across the school).
Applying for the job
At present it is not known which year group this vacancy will be in – so we are inviting all candidates to state clearly where they feel they would be best placed – to make best use of their skills and experience. It is essential that you include this in your application.
We also strongly encourage applicants to state their preference for the subject area they would most enjoy leading throughout the school (and why).
Applications must be returned to Halton Lodge Primary School (FAO: Anthony Hilldrup) by 9:30am on Monday, 17th May 2021.
Please return the completed application form (and any supplementary forms) to:
Halton Lodge Primary School
Cheshire, WA7 5LU…
…or email these (and include ‘FAO: The Headteacher’ as the Subject of the email).
Expected start date
1 September 2021
17 May 2021 at 9:30 am
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
School type Local authority maintained school
Education phase Primary
School size 204 pupils enrolled
Age range 4 to 11
About Halton Lodge Primary School
Halton Lodge Primary School is a single form entry primary school – situated in Runcorn (which is part of Halton local authority).
In addition to having seven classes (each with approximately 30 pupils) – from Reception to Year 6 – we also have a SEMH Provision for children aged 4-7 years of age.
Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.