School in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Primary Assistant Principal Job, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, September 2020
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Primary Assistant Principal to join our team from September 2020.
The successful candidate will have a key role in our Executive Leadership Team in developing the vision, values, culture, policies and practice across our Primary School and wider Academy.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a dynamic, passionate, resilient and inspirational teacher who is ready to assume a Senior Leadership role;
- Demonstrates high standards through expectations of exemplary levels of progress and achievements for students within their class and across the Primary phase
- Has the ability to plan strategically and effectively manage change;
- Creates an effective, productive, and caring atmosphere where all students and staff have the opportunity to learn and grow;
- Develops and supports a learning focused culture for students, staff and the community;
- Fosters an environment where students and staff take ownership of their own learning;
- Fosters a collaborative environment that supports contributive leadership from all stakeholders;
- Is a highly effective communicator with students, parents, colleagues and the wider community.
To be considered for this appointment, you will require:
- A full teaching qualification;
- A track record of consistently outstanding teaching practice across at least two Primary Key Stages;
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of effective school improvement planning and self-evaluation processes;
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of current assessment and reporting practices within Primary Schools;
- A growth mindset, resilience and a commitment to ongoing professional development;
- Exceptional communication skills.
Key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Effective administration and delivery of resources
- Leading the quality assurance of teaching and learning
- Ensuring the effective and efficient day-to-day operation of a phase of the Primary School
- Co-ordinating the performance management of staff
- Quality Assurance of Student Achievement Outcomes
About your benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS employees also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE.
We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.