Special School in St Albans, Hertfordshire. UK
P/T SEN Teaching Assistant/ Learning Support Job, St Albans, Hertfordshire. UK
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||£18,795 to £20,344 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are looking to appoint energetic, enthusiastic Teaching Assistants to work with our amazing pupils who have severe learning difficulties (SLD) and profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and Autism.
Previous experience with special needs children would be an advantage.
• Actual pro-rata salary of £12,652 to £13,691 depending on qualifications and experience
• 30 hours per week, 38 weeks of the year (school term time only)
• 9.00am to 3.30pm, except each Wednesday when all staff work until 4.45pm for training and meetings time
• A new starter induction programme
• Membership to Herts Rewards, our employee benefits scheme including discounts and cashback for high street shops and online shopping
• Subscription to our comprehensive Healthcare and Wellbeing package
• A varied and ongoing professional development programme (CPD)
• Extensive sick pay from the 1st day of absence (after 6 months service)
• Generous pension provision
• Various staff social events during the academic year
• Optional Childcare Vouchers scheme
• Opportunity to earn overtime for working at our after school clubs
• Annual appraisal programme
• Annual Occasional Day
• Free on-site car park
Applying for the job
There will be a remote interview for this role via Microsoft Teams
Expected start date 3 September 2020
Application deadline 12 July 2020 at 12:00 pm
|School type||Special School|
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||90 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||2 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Watling View School website (opens in a new window)|
|Contact email||jo.roberts at watlingview.herts .sch.uk|
About Watling View School
Watling View is a Good School (Ofsted March 2020), catering for the needs of children and young people with severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties (3 to 19 years in age).
A significant number of our pupils have autism. We aim to develop and enhance the potential of our pupils through an ethos and philosophy which emphasises that we are all of equal value as members of an interdependent supportive community.
Watling View is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to satisfactory clearance of enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, including the barred lists, as well as all other pre-appointment checks in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (2019).
Watling View, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 2NU