School in Ṣalālah, Oman
Nursery (EYFS) Classroom Teacher Job, Ṣalālah, Oman, 2020/1
The role is located in Salalah, Oman’s second largest city, which offers pristine white sand beaches, impressive mountains, stunning waterfalls and traditional Omani hospitality. Salalah is also known for its unique Khareef (monsoon) Festival, between June and September and attracts visitors from all around Oman and the Middle East region.
We are looking to appoint an innovative and well qualified Nursery (EYFS) classroom teacher to join our successful school at British School Salalah starting in September 2020 (arrival would be mid August 2020).
The school follows the National Curriculum for England together with its assessments and caters for children between the ages of 3 and 13.
- Competitive terms of employment
- Tax Free Salary (Total package – minimum 29,000 GBP per annum)
- Attractive modern accommodation
- Medical insurance
- Air Fare
- Freight allowance
- End of Service Benefit per completed year.
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues in Salalah with the support of British School Muscat.
- Excellent professional development and guidance.
- BA in Education or BA Degree with PGCE
- Experience teaching the English National Curriculum
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- BSS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to satisfactory references and DBS/Police clearance.
British School Salalah is on a journey to become an outstanding primary school.
The successful candidate must be passionate about raising attainment and aspirations with the ability to lead by example and inspire others.
We are looking for someone who has an unwavering belief in our ethos and the commitment to really transform learning and lives within the School. You will be innovative in your approach and demonstrate outstanding leadership that allows both students and the School to realise and reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will able to deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes. Also, possess energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that engage, enthuse and motivate our learners.
Interviews may be held prior to the closing date by mutual agreement.
Closing date: 7 March 2020
Please read the job description and employment guidelines below. Please email your completed application form with your CV and a covering letter.
School website http://www.britishschoolsalalah.org/careers-at-bss
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com