Lead School Physics & Chemistry Job, Skegness, Lincolnshire, January 2022
Job role Teacher, Leadership
Working pattern Full-time only
Lead Teacher – Physics and Chemistry
Salary: MPR/UPR + TLR2F
Closing date: 30 August 2021 at midnight
Are you an aspiring, enthusiastic Physics and Chemistry Teacher who has a passion for the Science curriculum and developing colleagues’ practice?
In this role you will:
- lead the development of curriculum documentation, resources and lesson planning in Physics/Chemistry from year 7 to A Level
- Support non-specialist staff with the delivery of Physics/Chemistry
- Support the Faculty lead to ensure compliance and coverage with National Curriculum and relevant examination criteria
- Promote Physics/Chemistry within the academy to promote ambition towards further study and careers
- Mentor trainee teachers or those new to teaching
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a good standard of qualification in relevant field
- Experience of teaching at KS5 desirable
- Evidence of securing good results at GCSE and A Level
- Is enthusiastic with a passion for their subject
- Can be innovative in their techniques to improve outcomes through the faculty
- Can positively influence teaching and learning across the Academy
- Has a proven track record of improving outcomes for all learner
Applying for the job
Applications are made via the Greenwood Academies Trust website
Expected start date
1 January 2022
30 August 2021 at 7:00am
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
School type Academy, ages 11 to 19
Education phase Secondary
School size 998 pupils enrolled
About Skegness Academy
The Skegness Academy, part of the Greenwood Academies Trust, is located in the seaside town of Skegness on the beautiful Lincolnshire coast.
It opened in 2010 and occupies a large site with extensive sports facilities, green space and new and refurbished buildings which give pupils and staff a high-quality learning environment.
The academy has a very vibrant, supportive and hardworking team, committed to promoting high achievement in education whilst ensuring that standards of behaviour and uniform are impeccable.
Pupils are supported to not only achieve highly but also to ensure they are prepared for their future through a variety of enrichment opportunities.
All GAT academies work collaboratively to share best practice and are supported by the expertise within the Education Support Team to enable them to focus on teaching and learning.
You will also receive excellent opportunities for career progression and access to bespoke CPD from the Trust’s Learning Alliance to enhance your professional growth.
We would love to invite perspective candidates to come and visit the Academy to have the opportunity to meet the new senior team and discuss recruitment options within the Academy.
If you would like further information on the role, please contact Jayne Abbott, PA to the Principal at jabbott at skegnessacademy.org.
We look forward to meeting you.
If this post attracts sufficient interest before the closing date, we may decide to close this vacancy at an earlier date, so an early application is advised.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
All adults employed by the Trust have a responsibility for data protection and have a duty to observe and follow the principles of the GDPR Regulations.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK prior to commencement of employment.
As part of our need to comply with UK immigration rules, you will be required to provide Home Office stipulated documentation prior to interview.
Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.