School in Kuwait
Key Stage 1 Teacher Vacancy, September 2020, Kuwait
The International British School is a 3 to 16, co-educational international school. We are a friendly, family-centered international school with approximately 600 students from KG to Y11.
The school has excellent facilities and is located in Fahaheel, 25 minutes south of Kuwait city.
We are seeking enthusiastic and inspiring Key Stage 1 teachers for a September 2020 start.
The successful candidates will be highly skilled, and child centred. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming community in a school that has recently successfully passed its OFSTED and has a great future.
Skills and qualities:
- Commitment to student well-being and learning
- Degree and teaching certificate (or B.Ed. degree)
- Experience in a British or international school
- Strong communication and people skills
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
What we offer:
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Engaged and supportive school community
- Exciting sporting, leisure and cultural activities in a friendly, diverse and hospitable country with a rich cultural heritage. Opportunities to travel.
- Year round sunshine
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- A competitive tax-free salary up to 1150 KD (depending upon age/experience)
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Free accommodation
- No utility bills
- Furniture provided
- Medical cover via the Kuwait national health service
- Annual return flight
- End of service benefits
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully attested degree and teaching certificates, transcripts and police certificate.
It is our policy to obtain references prior to candidates being short-listed for interview, one of whom should be from your current Department Head/Headteacher/Principal
Interviews will take place in York, UK between the 27th and 31st of March 2020 and also by Skype.
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to vetting including reference checks, identity and criminal record checks.
For further information about the school, please visit http://www.ibskuwait.com or Instagram @ibskw