International School in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
International School Principal Vacancy, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
The Pearl Academy is located in the centre of the city of Abu Dhabi and is a hugely popular school with a very long waiting list to join based and in a vibrant community.
It was recently judged ‘Outstanding’ by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) and serves over 700 students from FS1 – Year 6, following the National Curriculum of England.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar Education family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidate will combine an excellent track record of successful leadership experience, developed in the UK or internationally, with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to inspire the Pearl community and manage the demands and needs of all stakeholders.
Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the school are central to this role.
The role requires strategic thinking with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding teaching and learning across all phases of the school.
Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with the local community and developing ways to engage with parents and forge effective partnerships with them.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Education and Pearl Academy and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
School website https://www.thepearlacademy.sch.ae/en/home
- Strategic, operational and financial responsibility for the school
- Strategic direction and leadership of school improvement
- Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff, students and the wider community
- To develop a school improvement plan founded in a secure understanding of data and classroom observation
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and the quality of teaching and learning
- Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures outstanding teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behaviour.
- Develop and maintain effective links with the community including business and industry, to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning
- Improve the existing system for the management of staff performance, incorporating target setting and individual development plans
- Continue to develop an organisation in which all staff feel valued and recognise that they are accountable for the success of the school
BA in Education or BA Degree with PGCE is essential
NPQH or Master in Education is an advantage
Ability to establish positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including the Board and Strategic Governance Group is essential
Ability to understand the operational and financial requirements to manage a successful private school is essential
What we offer
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centred and innovative schools based in the UAE.
We educate over 22,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places.
Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be sent to
or on our recruitment website
Aldar Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.