School in Doha. Qatar
Full Time Teacher of English Vacancy, Doha. Qatar School, January 2021
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and highly motivated qualified Secondary School Teacher of English from January 2021.
This is an exciting time to join Sherborne Qatar as we continue to expand and look forward to moving to a new state-of-the-art site in September 2021.
This is a fantastic opportunity for teachers to gain experience in one of the highest performing premier independent British Curriculum schools in the Middle East.
We are a truly international co-ed school with pupils from over 60 different nationalities (with approx. 50% from the UK).
This position is also a great opportunity for more experienced teachers to advance as there will certainly be opportunities for progression as the school enters the next exciting chapter in its development.
Successful applicants will have:
- A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent (PGCE/PGDE must be accompanied by a subject relevant Bachelor’s Degree).
- Exceptional subject knowledge, with extensive experience of the British curriculum.
- Ability to teach English Language and English Literature at I/GCSE essential.
- Ability to teach English Language up to A Level essential.
- Ability to teach English Literature up to A Level desirable.
- A proven track record of providing outstanding teaching and learning.
As a teacher at Sherborne Qatar you will:
- Promote our mission and values.
- Have the ability to generate excitement about learning.
- Have a sense of humour.
- Be emotionally intelligent.
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to teach bright, interesting and hardworking pupils.
- An excellent working environment.
- The opportunity to get involved in an extensive enrichment programme.
- An attractive tax-free salary, with additional benefits.
- A good work/life balance.
- Strong links to Sherborne Dorset, one of the oldest and most distinguished independent schools.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all staff must share this commitment.
The post is subject to enhanced DBS checks.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are asked to complete and upload the school application form and upload a covering letter of application (no more than two A4 sheets) to the Headmaster, Mr. Stephen Spicer.
Please see here https://www.sherborneqatar.org/home/employment-opportunities where you will find our Application Form.
Completed application forms should be returned by 2nd October 2020. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interviews will be conducted using Skype during the week commencing 23rd August 2020.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information regarding Sherborne Qatar, please visit www.sherborneqatar.org
To apply for this job please visit sherborneqatar.org.