School in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Executive Assistant Job to School Principal, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Executive Assistant will have a broad set of responsibilities that range from supporting the Principal directly, to supporting the day-to-day operations of the larger School Leadership team.
· To provide first-class executive support to the Principal by executing all tasks and activities relating to the efficient operation of the Principal’s office exercising confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
· Manage the Principal’s calendar, including scheduling and coordinating meetings and school visits with school leadership team & parents,
· Liaise between the Principal and other staff within the organization, including the senior leadership team at the school & head office;
· Identify, prepare, and compile necessary materials to ensure the Principal has appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, and special projects;
· Responsible for organizing and maintaining the Principal’s diary, managing e-mail, school communications, distributing minutes, organizing school events, and a range of further administrative responsibilities as required.
· Plan and coordinate meetings, receptions, luncheons, workshops, travel/accommodation, etc.) for completing activities and/or delivering services in accordance with the Principal’s job description
· Serve as the administrative liaison to the various committees within the school
· Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
· Take notes at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations
· Screening telephone calls, enquirers and requests, and handling them when appropriate
· Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the Principal.
· Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of Seniority
· Organizing and attending meetings and taking dictation and minutes
· Liaise with internal administration and marketing departments to create and implement projects.
· Ensure necessary records and trackers are maintained that can readily provide current, accurate and accessible information
· Provide senior-level administrative support to the Principal through the facilitation of communication on their behalf (follow-up with letters, memos, reports, e-mail, and telephone calls)
· Act as liaison between the Principal and staff to ensure appropriate coordination and follow-up on day-to-day issues
· Own and improve existing processes that support the School Leadership team; and
· Support the Principal with various ad-hoc projects and other administrative duties as needed.
We will be excited to hear from you if you
· Are a graduate in any discipline, preferably in Business Administration with a minimum of 6 years of professional administrative experience working effectively in a dynamic and in a cross-functional environment
· Are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and have experience building interpersonal relationships with diverse audiences;
· Possess a high degree of professionalism, tact, and integrity, as well as a profound respect for the confidentiality of the documents and communications involving the organization;
· Have strong organizational, problem-solving and data-gathering skills and are able to handle multiple shifting priorities;
· Are meticulous in your attention to detail and accuracy in matters of proofreading, document processing, and relaying messages
· Can work both independently and as part of a team, exercising a strong work ethic and dedication to completing work on a timely basis; and
· Are flexible, resourceful and adaptable to changing needs and demands, and willing to work longer hours as circumstances require.
· Possess excellent IT skills and organizational skills are essential, as is the ability to work on your own initiative.
· Can work effectively and can manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
· Have excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
· Good technical understanding and should be able to grasp, understand & use various software & tools
· Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
· Sound judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality