School in Doha, Qatar
English Teacher Job, Upper School, Doha, Qatar, Sept 2020
About the Role
We are looking for qualified and experienced Upper School English Teachers who are excited to join our world class school and are driven to provide education at an exceptional level.
Our teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
At AAQ our balanced educational program places a strong emphasis on academics while incorporating the arts, athletics, community service and a wide range of learning opportunities inside and outside the classroom. Our curriculum is deepened through child-centered learning and our teachers strive to foster the development of each student’s unique talents and abilities.
We firmly believe that education is about overall student development and, as an international school community, we promote growth through learning, global citizenship, the pursuit of excellence and leadership through innovation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A certified professional teaching qualification at degree level, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent specializing in English
- A minimum of 2 years of solid and demonstrable experience teaching English, ideally within an American Curriculum Upper School
- The experience, personality and educational philosophy to drive further, the education agenda at this flagship GEMS school with an international student body
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
About your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, school tuition fee concessions, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and End of Service Gratuity.
- About the School
- GEMS American Academy Qatar (GAAQ) is a state-of-the-art center of inspirational learning for children from Pre-K to Grade 11. Our curriculum is based on U.S. national and Common Core state standards and best practice research.
- Instruction is focused on the learning needs of the individual child with mastery of essential skills being one of the school’s fundamental goals.
- Our school empowers students to fully develop their intellectual, emotional, social, creative, and physical skills in a challenging and supportive environment.
- Beyond academics, the school strives to instill in its students a positive attitude towards lifelong learning and an appreciation for cultural diversity, while equipping them with the higher-thinking and problem-solving skills necessary to be successful in life.
- If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph