International School in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
English Language & Literature Teacher Job, Dubai, , United Arab Emirates, August 2020
The Secondary IB MYP/DP English Language and Literature Teacher position has a starting date on August 2020.
The Swiss International Scientific School in Dubai is a leading day and boarding school where future generations are inspired to become confident and enthusiastic life-long learners, ready to embrace the opportunities of a global world.
Our school follows the full continuum International Baccalaureate (IB) programme in English with additional languages or in two bilingual English-French and English- German streams. SISD is an IB Continuum World School authorised to offer and teach the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP), IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) and IB Diploma Programme (DP).
Our unique curriculum offers an engaging learning experience, the challenge of developing a real understanding of cultural diversity and the support of a thriving international community.
Our large eco-friendly campus ensures that we can offer a wide range of sporting facilities that make the most of our location adjacent to Dubai Creek.
Job title: Secondary IB MYP/DP English Language and Literature Teacher
Department: Secondary School
Start date: 16 August 2020
Reports to: Secondary Language and Literature Coordinator
Salary and benefits: The salary and benefits package reflects the fact that the school is committed to excellence.
Contract: Fixed Term contract
The role of an IB MYP/DP English Language and Literature Teacher is to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
There is the possibility of Boarding House duties in one of our Boarding Houses.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, prepare and deliver a high-quality curriculum for grades within the IB framework to suit the individual needs of all students
- Nurture meaningful relationships with students and provide the individual attention they need
- Ensure lessons are differentiated to meet the needs of all students
- Maintain constant awareness of the needs of any students to whom English is additional language
- Maintain a safe learning environment for students
- Assess and monitor student progress and provide targets so that all learners can see success and improve incessantly
- Liaise with the Head of Depts. and curriculum coordinators to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum to specified classes, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom
- Assume responsibility for the pastoral care of a class of students, paying particular attention to personal development and child protection c
- Collaborate with other secondary teachers and curriculum coordinators to deliver an interdisciplinary curriculum and share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge
- Communicate accurately and regularly with parents
- Participate in school activities outside regular school hours to include, but not limited to, ASA’s, Boarding House(s) support, school trips, staff meetings, parent’s evenings, open days, INSET days, professional development training sessions, conferences and workshops, induction and if applicable examination supervision
Internal: Students, Teachers, Head of Depts., MYP/DP Coordinators, Head of Secondary School, Deputy Head(s) of Secondary School
External: Parents, KHDA, IB
- Relevant Subject Degree in English Language and Literature
- Professional Teaching Qualification/Certification
- Recent IB experience and understanding of programme developments
- Certification to teach English (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, DELTA, ESL/ESOL, ILETS)
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience preferably in an IB school
- Reflects the values of the IB Learner Profile
- Proficiency in other languages such as French, German or Arabic
- IB recognized IB MYP or DP professional development
How to Apply:
Candidates are requested to submit the following documents:
- Covering letter addressing the position requirements (one side max)
- Current CV with passport size photo, not to exceed two pages
- A list of 3 professional referees with current contact details (position, phone number and e-mail address) not older than 5 years. This must include your current Head of School.
Website and job information https://sisd.ae/our-school/careers
SISD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its employees and students. A police check is a pre-requisite for all appointments.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org