Early Years Section Leader Job, School in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
We are currently recruiting for an Early Years Section Leader who have knowledge and experience of being a team leader; evidence of developing leadership skills; able to contribute to the development; promotion and marketing of the Setting.
You will need to:
- To deliver high quality Early Years Care and Education to children aged 0 to 4 years using the Early Years Foundation Stage as a framework.To meet UK statutory welfare requirements and local Ministry of Education regulations.To ensure that every child reaches his or her full potential and to contribute to the wider pre-school community.
- Assist the Head and Principal in meeting statutory, inspection, health and safety and hygiene requirements including procedures for safe evacuation of the building; be aware of and respond to LGI Child Welfare and Safeguarding policy, confidentiality procedures and all other policies.
- Lead and co-ordinate planning within your section ensuring effective contribution by all members of the team; ensure there is a correct balance of appropriate adult-led to child-initiated activities and that all areas of the Setting are effectively utilised including the outdoor learning areas. Regularly update the curriculum in light of any recent developments
- Plan and deliver quality lessons to motivate students.Create and utilize appropriate materials and the classroom environment to cater for different learning styles.
- Show written evidence of planning and preparation on request. Establish and maintain records of curriculum and year plans, attendance, teaching resources, assessment plans etc.
- Teach students assigned according to their individual needs using appropriate teaching strategies that meet student needs and abilities
- Set and mark work.Assess, record and report on the academic development, progress and attainment of students and use assessment to ensure the curriculum meets the individual student’s needs.
- Display competence in using media and technology in the classroom.
- Participate in appraisal and Performance Management procedures and Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Communicate and meet with parents regularly promoting the GEMS philosophy and core values; keep parents regularly informed of students’ progress while respecting the confidentiality of student-related information.
Skills & Experience:
- Education/teaching degree such as PGCE or QTS OR a minimum of a Level 3 Diploma in Early Years or equivalent.Knowledge of the use of ICT in schools to aid teaching and learning.
- Skilled teacher with solid commitment to teaching and learning and strong knowledge of the early years.Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships with students and colleagues and contribute to wider school life.
- Two years’ early years’ teaching experience.
- Excellent Remuneration Package
- Company provided accommodation or HRA allowance
- Flight Allowance
- Medical Insurance & Life Insurance
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai.
Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the SchoolLittle GEMS International Established in the Summer of 2013, Little GEMS International Pre-school has served the Dubai community by introducing ‘Educare’ to the early education landscape for children from the ages of 1-4 years old.
Conceptualised and designed by Early Years specialists, Little GEMS International Pre-school strives to raise the standard of Early Years Education in the UAE by using the latest research to provide a world class educational programme, adhering to international and UAE standards of best practice in the Early Years.
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph