School in Cairo, Egypt
EAL Secondary School Teaching Job, Cairo, Egypt, 2020
Job title: English as an Additional Language Teacher
Age range: Secondary (Year 7 to Year 13)
Employed by: NCBIS – to support the vision, positive ethos and policies of the school
Responsible to: Head of Department
Qualifications: Degree and PGCE, QTS or CELTA/ DELTA (or equivalent EAL higher level qualifications).
Experience: Minimum 3 years teaching
For 2020/1, New Cairo British International School (NCBIS) is looking to recruit an outstanding full-time candidate.
NCBIS is the leading British international, not-for-profit school in Egypt and is an authorised IB World School with more than 60 nationalities represented among 700 students aged 3-18.
The student population is made up of 65% expatriate and 35% Egyptians who must have dual nationality. NCBIS is renowned for the excellence of its educational programmes, which includes a strong CAS element across the school, and a welcoming learning environment.
The Secondary School students follow the English National Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and then take the IGCSE edexcel examinations in Year 11 and the IB Diploma in Year 13. The school is fully accredited by CIS and we are members of COBIS and BSME.
In the Primary School, we have taken the UK National Curriculum for England and sequenced it into a series of subject-specific, comprehensive Scope & Sequence documents, which we teach through the pedagogy of the Primary Years Programme (PYP). The International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme is an international, transdisciplinary programme designed to foster the development of the whole child, including their social, physical, emotional and cultural needs as well as their all-important academic needs.
The school is fully accredited by PYP, CIS and we are members of COBIS and BSME.
We are located in New Cairo, a quiet and tranquil part of Cairo. The small class sizes contribute to our sense of family and enable us to give all our students the attention they require.
Our parents are committed partners and play a vital role in creating this enriching cultural environment.
Interested applicants should:
- Have at least 3 years teaching experience.
- Have proven experience of teaching from EYFS to IBDP and/or A’ level.
- Have a passion for learning, with experience of current best practice
- Have UK or equivalent teaching qualifications.
- Be committed and hard-working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of
- Be able to incorporate IT in their practice.
- Possess humour, energy, flexibility and a positive outlook.
- Be open to the opportunities and challenges that living in Egypt will bring.
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive not-for-profit school, you will receive a generous package including.
- Highly competitive tax-free salary.
- Accommodation allowance.
- Comprehensive international private medical cover.
- Free primary education and secondary education for your dependent children (where applicable).
- Return air passage to the base country each year.
- Re-signing on bonus upon contract renewal.
Employment terms are initially a two-year contract which can be extended annually.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for ICPC and/or for a police clearance from their home or resident country.
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at http://www.ncbis.co.uk
To apply please make sure to consider the following mandatory steps:
- complete the quick apply online TES application forms
- Upload your CV to our email address.
- Download the NCBIS application form under “letter to applicant”, print, fill, sign and upload.
The closing date for applications is 30th September 2020.
The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged. Initial interviews may be held by Skype.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com