School in Doha, Qatar
DP English Language & Literature Teacher Job, Doha, Qatar, August 2020
Mission: Promote student learning, through carefully planned, taught and assessed lessons, and ensure that students have the opportunities to develop in all areas: academic, physical, socio-emotional and ethical. Promote the respect and understanding of the culture of the host country, Qatar.
- Plan, teach and assess relevant, global and significant learning engagements that differentiate for individual student needs, according to the requirements of the corresponding IB programme.
- Create a stimulating classroom environment.
- Regularly contribute to curriculum planning and development including interdisciplinary and transdisciplianry units of work and the development of transdisciplinary skills and attributes of the IB learner Profile.
- Include technology in the students’ learning experiences as a valid support to the process.
- Give students regular feedback, both orally and written, and encourage students to respond to the feedback, reflect on progress
- Teaching qualification adequate for the teaching job.
- ICT knowledge.
- Experience relevant to the job.
- Fluency in English. Arabic and Spanish desirable.
- Double degrees, master and international experience are valued positively.
- Previous experience of teaching the IB DP is preferred, although outstanding candidates without prior IB experience will be considered.
What we offer:
We are committed to developing our staff and run regular professional development workshops to ensure our teachers are equipped to provide students with the best possibly educational experience.
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, medical insurance, housing allowance, free child places and an annual flight allowance along with great corporate discounts with many service providers in Qatar.
Job type: full time.
Starting in August 2020