School in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Deputy Head of Secondary School Vacancy, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
For an IB World School in Duba
Start Date: August 2020
Due to growth, we are looking for an additional experienced, dynamic and collaborative Deputy Head of Secondary for our newest IB school in Dubai which offers the full range of International Baccalaureate programmes.
The Deputy Head of School will co-lead the Secondary team to provide the best learning experience and holistic, personal development for our MYP and DP students. In so doing, they will use their honed educational leadership ability to create a vibrant and innovative teaching and learning environment that secures excellence for all.
Under the overall direction of the Head of School, the Deputy Head will play a lead role in:
- Providing vision, leadership and direction
- Effectively managing teaching and learning and pastoral well being
- Promoting excellence, equality and high expectations of all pupils and staff
- Evaluating school performance and identify priorities for continuous improvement
- Taking full responsibility for the school in the absence of the Head of Secondary
- Ensuring an active learning environment for pupils of all abilities.
- Collaborating with all teams for the effective functioning of the school.
This is in no way an exhaustive list and the Deputy Head will be required to undertake additional duties in order to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the school.
They are also required to undertake any other duty as assigned to them by the Head of Secondary School.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years teaching experience, 2 years in a leadership position.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a recognized teaching certification.
- Applicants with a Master’s Degree or higher will be given preference.
- Good communication and technology skills are key requirements.
About Innoventures Education
Dubai International Academy, Raffles World Academy, Raffles International School, Raffles International Nurseries and Collegiate American School are leading international schools managed by Innoventures Education (www.innoventureseducation.com); a company committed to bringing world-class education to Dubai.
All our schools and nurseries are renowned for their high-quality curricula, inspiring learning environments and commitment to academic excellence. Together we have a total enrolment of more than 7000 students from over 100 countries, with a dedicated and inspirational team of educators and administrators from virtually every corner of the globe.
Interested applicants should forward their detailed CV.
We thank you for your application, however, only short listed candidates will be contacted by email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org