UK College of Business and Computing, Dubai
College Computing/IT Lecturer Job Vacancy, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 2019
UK College of Business and Computing (UKCBC) is seeking an experienced Lecturer for its new campus in Dubai, International Academic City. UKCBC is a London-based vocational education provider with over 16 years of experience in delivering qualifications across Business, Computing, Health & Social Care and Travel & Tourism.
The Dubai Campus is seeking a self-driven and innovative lecturers/tutors who can teach units for Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, and Level 5 IT & Computing courses.
- To support students in the development of their knowledge, practical skills, methods and techniques.
- To understand and supporting the learning needs of students from different learning backgrounds.
- To deliver high standards of teaching and learning and to monitor the assessment processes by the requirements of the awarding body and the College.
- To actively collaborate with the other lecturers/tutors in curriculum design and implementation, student support, and continuous program improvement.
- To prepare for each class, provide learning resources to students and engage all the students in active learning through discussions, teamwork and classroom task-based workshops.
- To undertake peer to peer marking, internal verification of coursework and participate in related meetings for standardisation, training and CPD events.
- To provide academic and pastoral support to students to ensure that each student receives the right support and attention they need to be successful.
- To comply with student and course management procedures including a meticulous and updated record keeping for academic management and administrative purposes.
- To design the module booklet and assignments to ensure effective learning and coverage by course outcomes and to liaise with the Academic Manager to make sure that it is cohesive and sensitive to student needs.
- To prepare and ensure that the module’s Scheme of Work is adequate to meet student needs and efficiently deliver the course specification.
- To continuously ensure that the taught modules are immediately updated on Moodle and always maintain an up-to-date learning resource available to the students.
- To actively take part in various course team meetings, self-assessment processes and contribute to monitoring and evaluation of effectiveness of the courses delivered through the term.
- To participate in department meetings and student affairs (co-curricular and extra-curricular activities).
- To participate in college working committees and task groups.
- Build and maintain community and industry relationships, including project partnerships and student internship opportunities.
- Be willing to undergo professional training; to research appropriate training and be prepared to attend internal and external courses, as well as provide feedback on any training undertaken.
- Support the Academic Manager and Senior College Management Team with quality assurance review processes and external monitoring requirements.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be requested by the management from time to time to meet academic and administrative exigencies.
- Master’s Degree in relevant discipline
- Experience in teaching Pearson qualifications (Levels 2-5).
- Experience of teaching diverse groups within the UAE
- Knowledge of assessment and internal verification
- Experience of working within a similar organization.
- Experience in student engagement and student affairs.
- Possesses interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and written.
- Doctorate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Experience supporting external quality assurance processes
- Module leadership experience
- Experience developing learning resources
- Experience using Moodle or other similar VLE platform
Job Title: IT and Computing Lecturer
Reporting to: Academic Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Dubai – International Academic City
Job type: Full time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com