School in Muscat, Oman
Class Primary Teacher Job Vacancy, Muscat, Oman, August 2020
AGS Muscat are looking to recruit well-qualified and experienced Primary Grade teachers for Grades 1 to 5.
With children from over 60 nationalities, AGS is a truly international school situated in the heart of Oman.
This is an exciting time for an ambitious teacher to join our fast-growing and very popular school. For those looking for a first step abroad or perhaps a re-location from another Middle East School, AGS with its wonderful setting, offers an excellent opportunity.
AGS is a truly Global School situated in the beautiful country of Oman. The school operates an international curriculum to suit the needs of the wide variety of nationalities of children currently catered for in the school. We are part of Al Najah Education group of schools. Al Najah has a strong reputation for delivering quality education across the Middle East Region and beyond.
We benefit from highly supportive parents and aspirational and polite, hard-working students. We follow the Cambridge IPC as well as Cambridge primary maths, science and English schemes, leading to IGCSE in Secondary.
Living in Muscat
Oman is a welcoming, politically stable and friendly country. Access to a huge variety of foods and other goods is easy and Muscat is a friendly and welcoming place in which to live.
It has beautiful scenery, wonderful beaches, a very rich culture, and a sunny climate that enables a wide range of both water and land based outdoor activities to be pursued throughout the year.
It is also well situated for travel to other locations around the world. It is hot and humid in the Coastal areas in summer; while it is hot and dry in the interior except for the higher mountains, which enjoy a moderate climate throughout the year. Rainfall is generally light and irregular
Applicants will be
- Passionate, enthusiastic, innovative and ready to embrace the challenges and excitement of an International teaching career in the Middle East
- Have at least 5 years of teaching experience, ideally in a UK and possibly also a Middle East setting
- Qualified to degree level in an appropriate subject and hold a recognised UK teaching qualification (eg. PGCE)
- Able to demonstrate outstanding standards of teaching and learning
- An exceptional communicator with the ability to work with students and parents alike
- Ambitious and keen to develop existing knowledge and skills
- Some experience of working with children for whom English is an additional language would be beneficial as would experience of working in an international setting. However, a genuine commitment to support the school’s ethos, along with a willingness and flexibility to adapt, would compensate. Experience of using effective differentiation and assessment techniques are essential.
What we offer
We are committed to developing our staff and provide professional development opportunities both in-house and via external providers.
We provide excellent, high quality accommodation for teaching staff, during their first year of contract. We offer an attractive tax-free salary, medical insurance, visa and end of contract gratuity.
We have a very supportive team of teachers and support staff who will make settling into Muscat an enjoyable experience.
An up to date CV together with a completed letter of application should be sent via email below to the Headmaster’s PA Mrs Marcella Farmer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGS is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required for the post. We reserve the right to close this vacancy should we receive an overwhelming response.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org