International school in Cairo, Egypt
Business Studies School Teacher Job, Cairo, Egypt, August 2020
Job title: Teacher of Business Studies
Age range: Secondary up to IB Diploma Level
Employed by: NCBIS – to support the vision, positive ethos and policies of the school
Responsible to: Head of Faculty / Head of School
Qualifications: Degree and PGCE or QTS or appropriate teaching qualification.
Experience: Minimum 3 years teaching or other relevant experience
Summary of Role:
You will be responsible for teaching IB higher and standard level Business Management and iGCSE Edexcel Business.
Applicants with extensive IB and A’ level experience coupled with experience of supervising Extended Essays will have a distinct advantage.
NCBIS is the leading British international, not-for-profit school in Egypt founded in 1978 and is an authorized IB World School with more than 60 nationalities represented among 740 students aged 3-18.
The student population is made up of 62% expatriate and 38% Egyptians/dual national pupils NCBIS is renowned for the excellence of its educational programmes, which includes a strong CAS element across the school, and a welcoming learning environment.
The secondary school students follow the English National Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and then take the IGCSE edexcel examinations in Year 11 and the IB Diploma in Year 13. The school is fully accredited by BSO, CIS, COBIS and BSME.
We are located in New Cairo, a quiet and tranquil part of Cairo. The small class sizes contribute to our sense of family and enable us to give all our students the attention they require.
Our parents are committed partners and play a vital role in creating this enriching cultural environment.
Interested applicants should:
- Have a passion for learning, with experience of current best practice;
- Have UK or equivalent teaching qualifications;
- Have proven experience of teaching to at least IBDP and/or A’level;
- Be committed and hard-working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of collegiality;
- Be able to incorporate ICT in their practice;
- Possess humour, energy, flexibility and a positive outlook;
- Be open to the many opportunities and some challenges that living in Egypt will bring.
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive not-for-profit school, you will receive a generous package including:
- Highly competitive tax-free salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Comprehensive international private medical cover
- Free primary education and secondary education for your dependent children (where applicable)
- Return air passage to the base country each year
- Re-signing/ Gratuity Scheme
- Free Employee Transportation
Employment terms are initially a two-year contract which can be extended annually.
Successful candidates will be required
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at http://www.ncbis.co.uk
- Complete the quick apply online TES application forms
- Upload your CV on TES.
- Download the NCBIS application form under “letter to applicant”, print, fill, sign and upload on TES.
The closing date for applications is Saturday 11th of April, 2020. The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged. Interviews for candidates will be held by Skype or Zoom.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The NCBIS Team