International School in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Art Technician Job Vacancy, School in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Brighton College Abu Dhabi wishes to recruit an Art Technician
Brighton College Abu Dhabi, a sister school of Brighton College UK, is a leading Independent-style British International School located in the
United Arab Emirates.
Founded in 2011 at a prime location on Abu Dhabi Island on a purpose-built, state-of-the-art campus, the College is heavily over-subscribed and was rated outstanding in all six categories at the most recent ADEK inspection (2018). The full report is available on the website.
The school is a member of COBIS and BSME and the Head Master is an international member of HMC.
Brighton College Abu Dhabi benefits from a strong partnership with righton College, the UK’s top co-educational independent school, and with Brighton College Al Ain, Brighton College Dubai, Brighton College Bangkok and as of this year, Brighton College Singapore.
The Brighton family of schools currently educates more than 5,000 pupils.
A key component of Brighton’s internationalism is the importance it places upon ensuring that its sister schools are authentically interpreting its values and ethos.
Each school combines academic excellence with a wealth of co-curricular opportunities, all underpinned by a deep commitment to the individual needs and enthusiasms of every child.
All pupils in the Brighton family of schools are valued for their own
sake and encouraged to develop their talents to the full, in a community where there are no stereotypes and every achievement, however small, is noticed.
Brighton’s success is built upon recruiting genuinely inspirational teachers who can enthuse about their subject and will maintain an exciting and vibrant intellectual environment in which children are able to explore their interests, develop their existing talents and acquire new ones.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exceptional and hardworking team with the united goal of ensuring that every child reaches their potential both academically and socially, by pushing boundaries and broadening horizons.
Our positioning as one of the leading academic schools in the Middle East, is testament to the dedication and hard work of our Common Room.
Packages are amongst the best globally with an excellent basic salary and comprehensive benefits.
We also offer exceptional levels of financial support for Continuing Professional Development.
Brighton College Senior School delivers an innovative and exciting curriculum leading to GCSEs and A Levels.
Our external examination results in Years 11, 12 and 13 are ‘well above curriculum and world averages’ (ADEK Inspection Report 2018).
- Essential qualities will include the ability to work collaboratively and to present to parents, pupils and colleagues a warm, engaging and approachable personality.
Responsible Brighton College is a dynamic and exciting school looking for enthusiastic and for: passionate staff.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exceptional and hard-working team with the united goal of ensuring that every child reaches their potential both academically and socially, by pushing boundaries and
Consulting All staff with: Reporting to: Head of Art (Senior School)
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
- To be an ambassador of the College at all times, in school and the United Arab Emirates
- To attend all meetings and INSET as required
- To be aware of and act upon all policies regarding the safeguarding of children
- To promote pride in the College among the pupil body through high standards of dress, behaviour and commitment
- To ensure that all communication is acted upon appropriately and in a timely manner
- To be responsible for all College resources particularly those in your care, reporting damage or loss to your line manager or the facilities manager, as appropriate
- Preparation of practical equipment for Prep and senior school art classes
- Clearing away of equipment after each lesson
- Cleaning, maintaining and safe storage of equipment
- Keeping rooms stocked and tidy at all times
- Maintaining up to date accounts of departments inventory
- Assisting Head of Art with ordering of stock
- Assisting Head of Art with display work, reprographics orders, exhibitions and external visits.
- Maintaining adequate labelling within class and stock rooms
- Handling unpacking of overseas orders, tracking deliveries, updating inventory spreadsheets
- Liaising with Procurement
- Assist with any reasonable request from Head of Art as and when needed
- Carry out risk assessments for technical activities
- Disposing of waste materials
- Arranging for non-specialist equipment; worksheets, books, ICT and audio-visual aids to be available as requested
- Preparing equipment for demonstrations as requested by teaching staff
- Liaising with staff over use/sharing of equipment and stock;
- Advise staff of any pertinent issues, including safety aspects;
- Repairing damages or arranging for this to be done;
- Purchase of sundries from local supermarkets
- Advise Head of Subject on stock replacement needs
- To be in School prior to 7.00 am and until at least 4:00 pm
- To carry out any reasonable professional request made by the Head Master, Head of Senior School or member of the SLT
- An attractive salary
All applications must consist of the following completed documents:
1. Letter of application (maximum one and a half sides of Garamond 12) addressed to Mrs Emma Parsons,
Head of Senior School, Brighton College Abu Dhabi
2. Completed teacher application form (available on website)
3. CV (maximum 2 sides)
NOTE: We reserve the right to interview and offer to a strong candidate prior to the closing date.
It is strongly recommended that candidates submit their applications as soon as possible.