Choosing a private school where you’re child is happy, receives a good education & availability of sports and possibly specialist musical instruction is important.
Equally important for some US parents is the ethos of a school in relation to religious or not practiced faith daily at the school by students and teachers.
At elementary and high schools in United States all private schools are not religious as 30% + are a non sectarian school or non secular meaning they don’t follow any religion or practice a faith.
Are most US private schools religious?
Although most USA private schools are religious (Approximately 68%) around a third are not from college prep, high, middle and elementary school for students in America.
According 2015-2016 National Center Education Statistics research calculations show a high proportion of US fee paying day & boarding schools practiced a religious faith.
The United States had a percentage of private schools that are religious of 67.2% during 2015-2016 and a similar faith schools numbers this present year.
Correspondingly, the percentage of US private schools that were not religious (32.8%) in 2015-2016, and is a similar percentage figure this year.
How many private schools are religious?
In 2015-2016 out of a total 34,576 private schools 11,341 were not religious in United States. There wear 23,235 private schools that was religious in 2015-2016 and in 2020s stills around 21,000+, a high amount of fee paying American schools in all states choosing to follow a religious faith.
USA private schools that are religious can be found in cities and rural areas in every state in America today for parents to send a child to be educated.
What religions have private schools?
- Christian schools have the second most private faith schools with student roll around 15% for all age US children from elementary to college prep age level.
- Roman Catholic school religion in USA has the most private schools at 20% (2015-16) with students at 36% which are faith based and one of the oldest religious school types in America.
- Muslim or Islamic religious schools are in a number of larger cities in United States to educate students that attend a Muslim faith school.
- Protestant schools in US offer children a balanced K12 education at all age levels.
- Jewish schools making up about 6% of students in private faith schools that can be found in larger populated areas, mainly US cities with over 300,000 Jewish students attending.
- Baptist schools are one of the older established faith schools in America with around 4% of the US schools that are religious in private sector.
Demand for US religious private schools
In the 2020s in rural areas, towns and cities there’s a much higher demand for religious faith private schools in all US States than non secular. Students attending Christian, catholic and other US faith schools out number private school children in private non religious American schools.
Parents choosing a private fee paying religious school for they’re child do so as they wish them to have an academic and religious education at a school with a faith centered ethos.
Public elementary and high schools in USA lack the amount of prayer time, religious teaching & curriculum that private faith schools have, thus parents opt for private K12 education in United States.
Many of the USA private religious schools today were once public, although made a choice to turn private to keep they’re faith ethos when the public school system was established in America, which is secular.
Are there non religious private schools in USA
Not all American parents, schools and children follow religion, which means there are none religious private schools in United States at elementary to senior high school level for non secular students.
American school children have a choice in the USA to have a religious faith or not, practice it or not and students don’t require attending a K12 school that is religiously associated for they’re school education.
A proportion of US children today are choosing to be non religious and want a private school environment that’s non sectarian instead of being cohered to sing and pray or threat of or else your on detention for not praying.