A number of student loans are available to students in the united state to attend college or university with Stafford Loans being the most popular undergraduate student loans. First place to visit is to complete a FAFA form, information and a form available from http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Student loans issued as a Stafford Loan is in the USA and only USA citizens or people on a permanent resident card are eligible. Stafford Loans are USA federal government loans for students to study at university or college for undergraduate study. Vast majority of students are eligible to receive Stafford loans, even with poor credit rating. Stafford loans can also be subsidised by the US government or not, depending on your requirements. Accredited student loans providers issue and maintain your loan account, from banks and other financial institutions and education institutions.
U.S citizen or national, a U.S. permanent resident.
Gain a place on a course and attending a school that participates in the Federal Family Education Loan Program.
Complete a FAFA form.
You must enrol on a course of study for a certain amount of time.
Complete all the relevant application forms and submit them.
For subsidized Stafford, you must have financial need as determined by your school.
Education loans as a Stafford loan subsidised or not are subject to lifetime limits per applicant. This is only basic information on Stafford Loans and you should seek further information.
Federal Perkins loans
Student loans as a federal Perkins loan is a fairly low interest loan for undergraduate and graduate students with “exceptional” financial need.
• Enrolment in an eligible school at least half time in a degree program.
• US citizenship, permanent residency or other eligible status.
• Satisfactory academic study progress.
• No record of unresolved payment defaults or overpayments owed on education loans and grants.
Students require too submit a form for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply.
Federal Parent PLUS loans
A federal sponsored Parent PLUS loan is available as a fairly low interest student loan for parents of undergraduate dependent students. With a Parent PLUS loan, families or a guardian can fund the whole cost of their children’s education.
• Parents can submit an application for a Parent PLUS student loan to pay for higher education expenses of an undergraduate degree dependent child.
• Must be a US citizen or national, permanent resident, or eligible non citizen.
• Credit checks apply.
• Flexible repayment choice.
• Deferred payment when a student stays enrolled at least half time and for an additional six months afterwards.
• Interest payments can be tax deductible.
Federal Graduate PLUS loan
A more expensive student loans, although if you qualify then a loan is available to pay for graduate studies with the Federal Graduate PLUS loan. This student loan is for graduates and is student loans federally sponsored for students attending graduate school. With Grad PLUS loans you can borrow up to the full cost of your education, less other financial aid received.
• Eligible for a Graduate PLUS loan if you are enrolled in school at least half time.
• Credit checks are required.
• You must be a US citizen or national, US permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen.
• Also you must submit a FAFSA form.
• No payments while you are in school at least half time.
• Interest can be tax deductible.
This information on student loans for the UK and USA is only brief. Conduct a search and research the various student loans available.
This information on student loans in the USA are obviously subject to change, although provides some basic information for a start.
Written by: Education Tay